GO-Global 6.2 Release
Improved Security, Reduced Helpdesk Calls
Single Sign-On Support for OpenID® Connect (OIDC) enables organizations to use IODC identity providers like Okta® and Microsoft® Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) for single sign-on (SSO) into GO-Global® Windows® hosts. With GO-Global, users who sign in to an enterprise web application or portal using an identity provider such as Okta or ADFS to access GO-Global Hosts from their browsers can do so without having to re-enter their credentials, enforcing the organization’s authentication policies and reducing lost and forgotten password calls to the helpdesk.
Once a user has authenticated via OIDC, GO-Global gives administrators several options for automatically authenticating the user on Windows. For example, if the identity provider is integrated with the organization’s Active Directory, GO-Global can automatically sign the user in to their domain account. Alternatively, if Active Directory integration is not required or desired, GO-Global can automatically create a local Windows account for the user.
GO-Global’s Integrated Web Server greatly simplifies browser-based deployments by allowing browsers to connect directly to the Application Publishing Service (APS) on its standard port (491, by default) and download the GO-Global Web App and associated HTML files. This eliminates the need to use a separate web server (e.g., IIS) to enable browser-based access to GO-Global hosts. Administrators no longer need to configure TLS on both the APS and the web server or route traffic to different ports and servers based on the protocol.
The Administrator Messages feature allows administrators to send messages to connected users and alert them of system maintenance and other events.
Supported Host Platforms (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2019 — Standard and Datacenter
- Windows Server 2016 — Standard and Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 — Standard and Datacenter
- Windows 10 (latest SAC release) – Professional and Enterprise
- Windows 10 (latest LTSC release) – Enterprise
NOTE: GO-Global can be installed and run on guest operating systems that are managed by hypervisor products like VMware ESXi™, Microsoft Hyper-V®, and Citrix Hypervisor™. However, GO-Global is not supported on Hyper-V host machines.
Supported Client Platforms
- Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise (32-bit/64-bit)
- Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise (32-bit/64-bit)
- macOS® 10.13 and later
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7 and 8 (64-bit)
- CentOS 7 and 8 (64-bit)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 and 15 (64-bit)
- Ubuntu® 19 and 20 (64-bit)
- iOS 12.0 and later
- Android™ 9.0 and later ARM processors, including Chromebooks
NOTE: End user client Windows machines must have the latest Windows Updates installed.
Supported Client Browsers
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
- Mozilla™ Firefox™ 80 and later
- Apple® Safari® 12 and later for macOS®
- Google Chrome™ 80 and later with Windows 7, Windows 10, and Chromebook™
- Microsoft Edge
- Chromium Edge