“Any time we avoid a trip to access a server, we save all that
travel time and expense – and disruption and lost productivity. Many of
our installations would be difficult to monitor and maintain
economically if we had to constantly travel to access them.”
Senior Engineer, M/A-COM
Process Control and Network Control Case Studies
Fortune 500 Chemical Company Relies on GO-Global to Run UNIX Process Control System from Windows
Customer: US-based Fortune 500 company operating a major chemical plant in Europe.
Requirement: Needed a cost-effective way to access and administer its mission-critical, UNIX-based Foxboro I/A process control software from Windows XP workstations.
Solution: GO-Global for UNIX.
- Lowered costs and increased plant efficiencies.
- Eliminated the need for separate UNIX terminals.
- Eliminated the need for emulation software and client-side X Server software.
- Increased security through 256-bit encryption and SSL technology.
GO-Global for UNIX Delivers Critical Communications for M/A-Com
Customer: M/A-COM, a business unit of Tyco Electronics, is a leading supplier of critical radio communications solutions for public safety, homeland security, military, and other agencies.
Requirement: Needed a way to access its UNIX-based Regional Network Manager software from Windows PCs.
Solution: GO-Global for UNIX solution.
- Saves time and money for a lower TCO.
- Works over any network connection, even slow dial-up lines.
- Provides outstanding data compression and security.